Linley & Simpson does not just have a passion for letting and selling homes – we also share a passion for serving our community. It’s embedded into the core of our culture, and epitomises how we do business.
It has propelled us into a new era for harnessing home-grown talents of our 140 staff for the greater good.
Since launching 20 years ago, long before the language of Corporate Social Responsibility, our 11 offices across Yorkshire had always been a focal point for our communities rich in diversity - from city centres to remote countryside.
In 2016/17 we took what we believe is an unprecedented step for an independent agency – by developing with staff-input a formal CSR strategy.
The raft of initiatives delivered in our inaugural year created a strong platform on which to progress.
This commitment was underpinned not just by a determination to shine a light on issues affecting our community; but also by the appointment of our dedicated Head of Community and Charity Engagement to transform words into action. We have also awarded all staff one day of paid work time away from the office each year – the cost-equivalent of over &15,000 - to volunteer in the community.
All this has accelerated our collective ability to think about the bigger picture and execute campaigns that moved different audiences.
Measured advantages are wide-ranging:
- Enhancing social and economic fabric of communities
- Boosting employee engagement and motivation – 88% of our staff tell us they are “proud” to be part of us, and 98% “determined” to give their best effort every day
- Triggering new CSR ideas
- Improving recruitment/retention
- Reducing environmental impact
- Enhancing our reputation in local communities
- Raising awareness of the work we do
- Generating new business
We reached into the heart of society, and touched lives of tens of thousands of people, in innovative ways:
Our COMMUNITY work:
- Raising &26,000 for chosen charity Martin House Children’s Hospice
- Unprecedented sponsorship of sports teams to secure their future amid challenging financial backdrop
- Giving over 1,000 children their first taste of triathlon by working with Olympians Alistair and Jonny Brownlee creating the first event of its kind
- Supporting local businesses by initiating a Loyalty Card scheme
- Launching a ‘Give As You Earn’ scheme so employees can donate a fixed sum from salary before tax to good causes
- Rewarding schools and sports teams with a Give Back scheme
- Attending school careers fairs
Our EMPLOYEE strand:
- Expanding our industry-leading apprenticeship scheme
- Enhancing staff well-being by offering part-time roles, private medical insurance and time-off on birthdays
- Acting on feedback via our second annual employee engagement survey
- Ensuring our workforce better reflects the community
Our ENVIRONMENTAL success:
- Through our volunteers’ programme, the creation of a wildlife garden and peace haven at Martin House Hospice
- Extension of our recycling policy
Our HEALTH & SAFETY commitment:
- Enhanced training at induction
- Exclusive use of suppliers who demonstrate H&S competence
Our CUSTOMER work stream:
- Launch of our ‘First Class’ Charter, taking customer service to new heights
- Donating &1 for every client satisfaction survey returned – an initiative generating record numbers of responses.